Holidays already have you feeling stressed? With the holidays upon us, New Life Chiropractic in Rocklin would like to remind you of the importance of staying healthy over the holidays and share some ideas for maintaining maximum health levels focused on the 5 Essentials.
We are born to nurture and develop imagination, concentration, adaptability, and planning. All of life and fulfillment requires creativity, strategy, relationships, a sense of humor, flexibility and focus.
These things are developed through adventure, investigation, crafts, arts, reading, journaling, social interaction, physical activity, problem-solving and all that makes up real-life experience. All of these basic necessities of mental function and development have one thing in common: none of them are maximized while watching TV or playing video games. Studies show that there is a direct correlation between time in front of a TV or computer screen and lowered IQ.
Real time: Spend time with your family over the Holidays doing the following activities to Max your MIND:
- Doing a scavenger hunt
- Reading a Thanksgiving and Christmas book
- Doing a craft session weekly
Max Nerve System
Research shows that with spinal adjustments your immune system is up to 400% stronger. During this time of colds and flu viruses, it is essential to have a HIGHLY functioning immune system. God created your brain and spinal cord and your nervous system to control all functions of the human body. The strength of your immune system is directly proportional to the strength of your nerve system.
Real time: if you are currently under chiropractic care, make sure you are getting your adjustments weekly and doing your home care. If you are not currently under chiropractic care, please find a corrective/wellness care chiropractor to evaluate your nerve system for subluxations (interference with the nerve’s flow). And if your spine has subluxations, correct them to maximize both your nerve and immune systems. We are offering a special opportunity during the Holiday season – check with the front desk for details.
Childhood is a pivotal time for good nutrition. A child’s cells and organs are growing at light speed and using nutrients to do so. While kid food is typically strange-colored or fast food, there’s no more dangerous time to consume such things than when you’re a child.
The problems we face today start with Big Macs and Pop-Tarts as a child. Organs and blood streams nurtured with junk food do not create the kind of foundation that will allow you to experience good health and longevity as an adult.
Real time: Take a good look at your refrigerator and pantry. If you are feeding your kids high sugar/processed/colored/artificial foods IT IS TIME TO CHANGE!!! See our Healthy Holidays recipes blog post on our website for three delicious kid-friendly holiday favorites.
- Start 1st with sugar – eliminate all white sugars and artificial sugars in your diet. Replace with natural sugars, i.e. honey, stevia or xyitol.
- 2nd, eliminate all bad fats, i.e. fast food or fake oils. Replace with olive oil, butter, coconut oil, grape seed oil, nuts, seeds and avocados.
Max Lean Muscle
Kids were born to move, kick, jump and fall out of swings. Kids now perform these activities through their video games. This inactivity creates obesity, but also poorly developed muscles, joints, and ligaments. Arthritis, spinal degeneration, and other muscle/joint dysfunctions once reserved for the aged are now being seen in children.
Real time: Spend time moving your body daily during this Holiday season. Our bodies were created to MOVE. Here are some workouts for you and your family to perform:
Run/jog from your driveway to the next driveway and back (45 sec). stop and stretch the muscles of your legs, arms, shoulders, neck and back. Then start your MaxT3 workout:
- 20 sec running in place, 10 sec rest, 20 sec wall pushups, 10 sec rest, 20 sec air squats, 10 sec rest, 20 sec jumps. Rest for 1 min. Repeat the above sequence 2 more times.
- 20 sec jumping jacks, 10 sec rest, 20 sec arm circles, 10 sec rest, 20 sec waking lunges, 10 sec rest, 20 sec running in place, 1 min rest. Repeat 2 more times.
- 20 sec acting silly/dancing, 10 sec rest, 20 sec air squats, 10 sec rest, 20 sec ball to floor to air, 10 sec rest, 20 sec knees to hands, 1 min rest. Repeat 2 more times.
Daily we are bombarded with 1000’s of toxins. Everyday we are surrounded by household cleaning products, personal care products, Teflon, tap water, mold, vaccines, medications, etc. Each of these things has potentially deadly components that will make you and your family sicker every year. Research now proves that our inside environment is 125x more toxic than our outside environment.
- Replace your cleaning products with non-toxic products, i.e. Seventh Generation or Green Wise. Both are sold at Wal-Mart and Target.
- Take a closer look at your personal care products: antifreeze and SLS are found in the majorly of your products.
- Replace your Teflon pans/pots with ceramic, stainless steel or cast iron.
- Drink only filtered, high pH, non-chlorinated water.
- Change your filters and investigate your home/work/school for sick building syndrome – MOLD causes allergies and asthma.
- Do your research on vaccines – most contain mercury, aluminum, benzene, formaldehyde, aborted fetal cells, etc. Studies have linked these chemicals to learning disabilities, autism and chronic sickness.
- Lastly, medications: there is no safe med; every medication has a listed/proven side effect. Replace your medications with supplements or healthy food.
The body needs no help to keep us functioning optimally, it just needs no interference. Interference comes from mental subluxations, physical subluxations and chemical subluxations. Remove each of the subluxations and have AMAZING HEALTH!!!!