Skip to content

How Long Will I Have To Keep Going To The Chiropractor?

A lot of times people ask me,

How long do I need to be coming in for?

And of course, if you’re like anyone else you’ve probably heard,

Once you start going to the chiropractor, you have to go forever!

This is kind of a funny statement because you never ask the person at the auto shop, “Hey, when do I get to stop changing my oil?” The next time you go to your dentist, you’re not going to say, “Hey, when can I stop brushing and flossing my teeth?”

You would never ask any of these kinds of questions because that just doesn’t make sense.

Why You Should View Chiropractic as Essential Maintenance for Your Brain & Nervous System

Watch the video now!

Prefer to read? Here’s the gist of what else Dr. Tim spoke about in this video clip.

Think You Feel OK? Symptoms Are Not a Good Indicator or Nervous System Health!

When we talk about chiropractic care, what we’re really talking about is the brain and the nervous system. Your brain and nervous system is amazing. It controls every cell, tissue, organ, and gland in your body, and your nervous system is completely housed by your spine.

So as a corrective care chiropractor, what we do is enhance the function of your brain and nervous system. With each adjustment, it’s actually increasing the function of how your brain adapts to stresses – emotionally, physically, and chemically in your life.

Every single adjustment is powerful! People think chiropractic is about neck pain or back pain or symptoms. Most don’t realize that you don’t even notice symptoms until you’ve lost as much as 40 percent of normal functions and symptoms are the last thing to come on and one of the first things to go away. So if you’re judging your health just by how you feel, you’re missing over 40 percent of lost function!

The other thing to understand is only 10 percent of your nervous system even detects pain. The other 90 percent controls health and healing and regeneration. So again, if you’re just symptom focused, you’re missing 90 percent of the potential healing power of your nervous system.

The 3 Levels of Chiropractic Care

1. Pain Reduction

So what’s it really about getting adjusted? Is it about just feeling better from neck and back pain? Well, that’s the first level.

2. Organ and Bodily System Health

Level 2 is about taking care of organs and systems in your body which your nervous system controls also controls.

3. Prevention of Illness and Injury

What about preventing injury, preventing a health issue? Well, that’s the third layer. The ultimate goal and the reason why Chiropractic is your most important health investment for your entire life is to get to your optimum health function. The reason why that’s important is to make sure that there is no interference between the connection from your brain to your body so that every cell, every tissue, every organ is adapting and functioning at its absolute optimum performance, so you are at your best healthwise in a preventative, proactive basis.

This is why you and your family need regular chiropractic care for your entire life.

I can’t imagine not getting adjusted every single week. My kids get checked and adjusted at least twice a month. I recommend the same for every single patient I see.

Our patients come in at least every other week, because according to research anything less than that, if you have subluxation, is causing structural and neurological degeneration within two weeks. And the longer degeneration is there, the more damage that creates, and the more it affects your health.

Do you want to be healthier this next year? To have the healthiest year ever? To have an amazing life into your eighties, nineties, hundreds?

The first thing you want to take care of is your brain and your nervous system, and make sure you and your family are getting lifetime chiropractic care. If you’re looking for a chiropractor in this area, you can visit us online, If you’re looking for a corrective care chiropractor that does lifetime wellness and you live outside this area. Go to to find a chiropractor near you.

Have you had the opportunity to join us at one of our community education events yet? During the community education events, Dr. Tim sifts through all of the knowledge out there to bring you key information about how to get healthy and stay that way and shares answers to frequently asked questions on chiropractic care and healthy eating. Enjoy the clips of previous events here.

Add Your Comment (Get a Gravatar)

Your Name


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *.