Many people ask me what type of blood tests they need? What can they do to check in on what’s going on inside the body? So I decided to write a post and make it easy for you.
The Most Important Blood Tests
Here are the blood levels you should monitor every year. Many times we get blood work done, and we don’t know what it says or what the point of it is. So let’s make it simple.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)– a general screening of the blood to determine general health levels.
- Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH)– an enzyme found in body tissues that is typically low but increases with tissue damaged by injury or disease
- Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF)– a marker of growth hormone levels and activity
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR)– a non-specific test to help detect conditions associated with acute and chronic inflammation, including infections, cancers, and autoimmune diseases.
- Serum Magnesium– this will be low with malnutrition and conditions that cause malabsorption. Is your body able to absorb the nutrients you put in?
- Total Iron Binding Capacity (TIBC)– can help detect chronic inflammation, infections, and malignancies
- Vitamin D3– not just for bone density, this is huge indicator of immune system function and your body’s ability to fight disease from depression to cancer
- Hemoglobin A1C– average blood sugar over last 120 days, sugar is our enemy!
- C-reactive Protein (CRP)– helps detect acute inflammatory conditions. It’s suggested this is the best determining factor for heart disease due to its detection of INFLAMMATION, which is the real cause of heart disease and NOT cholesterol. Remember more people die from heart disease with “normal” cholesterol than with elevated cholesterol.
- Homocysteine– another indicator of inflammation and cardiovascular disease
You will notice many of the tests look for INFLAMMATION, which is a friend to disease whether it is the flu, fibromyalgia, or cancer. When you look more specifically at the levels of inflammation in your body, it is easier to know your level of health. Notice I didn’t look for cholesterol because it is directly related to inflammation.
[ctt title=”10 Important Blood Levels to Monitor Annually” tweet=”10 Important Blood Levels to Monitor Annually http://ctt.ec/9xF3d+ @newlifechiro” coverup=”9xF3d”]
Here is a list of other underlying viruses to be tested for which indicate compromise of the immune system:
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Herpes Simplex virus (HSV)
- Hepatitis B or C
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
Many of you may think there’s no way you have some of these but, unfortunately, you may have them and not even know it. So, check for these to know if you have a compromise and then let’s work on building more health to keep them away.
If you want to learn why these are important and how to avoid these diseases DON’T MISS the WORKSHOP OF THE YEAR: “Cancer Killers- A Woman’s Guide to Health”
SAVE THE DATE – OCTOBER 24TH 2015
- Did you know that currently ONE out of 1,000 people make it to age 60 on NO medications, living life OUTSIDE of a nursing home?
- We don’t want you to be part of the 999.
- Learn what Centenarians and those who live the end of their life outside a nursing home share in common — lifestyle traits that can be done by anyone. Instead of “hoping” to live a healthy second half of your life, we will help you do everything to make it happen.
Learn how to: Reverse aging and degeneration – Increase your energy – feel like your 18 again! – Maximize your memory and brain function